Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Beach Trip 2011



Be still my heart.




Galveston has such fun memories for me as a kid. We had a beach house in this same neighborhood and came down almost every weekend. It was so fun to bring Avery down for the first time and show James our old stopping grounds. I can't wait for more beach trips in the future!




Homegirl wasn't so sure about the sand in her toes! This was about 2 hours before the "plague" hit her, so I'm going to reserve any comments about being little miss priss.


This will also be known as the famous Royal Wedding Weekend....and unfortunately it will also be known as the weekend of the "plague". I have never in my life seen a stomach bug pass around a household so quickly. It was truly amazing. I NEVER get sick..and if I do, it's some sort of sinus infection or cedar fever. I guess when you throw babies in the mix, it's a whole new ball game.


From that weekend on...I vowed to never roll my eyes or scoff when one of my friends has to bail on me because her baby is sick or she is sick. Never again. I get it now.




Anyways.....I will truly never forget watching the wedding with my best friends and waking up at 3:30 to put on my pearls and tiara. Even Miss Avery (who doesn't sleep well away from home) joined the party with us a 4:00am.




We did hit up the beach once while everyone was still healthy and hydrated. It was a beautiful/windy day. Avery spent most of the time in the wagon playing with her toys to avoid the sand. It was so windy that it was hard to get too many good pics. These two are my favs. Aunt Lynch took some with her fancy camera and posted some from the weekend too! We did shop along the strand on Saturday, but mostly just lounged and watched coverage of the Royal Wedding all weekend...I wouldn't have done it any other way! I only wish I had taken pictures of some of the fun details of the weekend....like the precious tiara cupcakes that Aunt Trog brought...or the image of James and Aunt Trog trying to fit everything into Elin (the Traverse).
The only thing missing was the rest of the DOF crew! Next time!!





No comments:

Post a Comment