Thursday, July 17, 2008

Like the good wife that I am....

James has been counting down the days for the new iPhone to come out. For a tech guru like him, he has never had a nice phone. His current phone has the worst service, doesn’t receive text messages, and has a battery that barely lasts a day. So…I’ve been encouraging the purchase of this phone for weeks. On Friday, the infamous day they went on sale…..he went to the AT&T store, & the Apple Store in the Domain….no luck. In fact, almost all of the AT&T stores sold on within the first day!

On Saturday night, he looked online and saw that the Apple store in Barton Creek still had some! When he told me this….I don’t know if my next thought came from one too many glasses of wine….or out of the kindness of my heart, but my response was, “Hey honey, why don’t I go to the mall early in the morning and wait in line to get your phone…I have to return a few things down there anyways.”. WHAT? What was I thinking? He even said that I didn’t have to go because he probably wouldn’t do the same for me. Ha ha.

When my alarm went off at 9am on Sunday morning, I popped out of bed, threw on some comfy clothes and was determined to get this phone! I got a big sonic diet coke and stopped at Walgreens for several/ALL the latest gossip magazines to keep me busy for a few hours.

I got to the mall around 9:40am and the doors were open to my surprise. I had already mapped out the closest door to the apple store. I “brisk walked” to the store and there were only ~15 people sitting in line. Score! Within the next few minutes, the line had doubled.

I made my little station in line….coke…check….magazines…check....blackberry...check! A few minutes later.…the Apple store lights turned on…a few “apple genius's’” walked out and address the group, and then they announced that they were going to go ahead and open at 10AM! I waited ~30 minutes and walked right on in to purchase the phone! I was hyped…James was hyped!

I walked out of there at 11:15 AM (it takes a while to set everything up and activate the phone)…and then I had to wait another 45 minutes for Nortstrom’s to open to return my shirt…the initial reason for offering in the first place. Go figure.

It was worth it though – James did all the laundry, yard and house chores for the rest of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment