Friday, August 21, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Baby Showers

One of my favorite blogs to read is Kelly's Korner. Every Friday, she picks a theme or topic and asks all of her readers to show pictures of their life. I love going through some of the responses. They've done a home tour (which I vowed not to show too many pictures of our home)..and they've done wedding pictures (which I've already posted about)....so I've never participated.

This week's theme is baby showers. I've "co-hosted" several, but have only hosted one at my house, where I got to do all the decorations etc. I AM hosting another shower this fall and I can't wait! It's a co-ed shower and I've already got visions in my head on themes and table settings. I also think I'm going to use my new cake skills to make the cake myself! :)

Two years ago, I hosted a shower for my neighbor, (and good friend) Courtney who was having a boy. This was her second child and the shower was a total surprise!


The Diaper Cake



The Teddy Bear Display


The Cookies


The Tablescape

The Sign-In Table
I framed her invitation, had envelopes for the guests self-address their thank you cards, and then asks guests to write "tips" for the new mom of two!


Mimosa's and Champagne

I can't wait to host another this fall!

1 comment:

  1. Loved the idea of having guests address envelopes for thank you notes. I'm throwing a shower in a couple of weeks and I'll use that idea. The diaper cake flower arrangement is adorable.
    Mrs. Petrie @ casapetrie.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete